Stuff I wanted to read but didn't get to. Maybe this weekend...?
- Maeve Brennan: On the Life of a Great Irish Writer, and Its Sad End | Literary Hub
- All Men, All the Time: A Former Literary Editor Remembers the World Before #MeToo
- Michael Leddy links to two Youtube recordings of the singer Sylvia Syms.
- Jane Brody’s Personal Secrets to Lasting Weight Loss - The New York Times. Basically, find something that makes sense and works for you, and stick to it.
- Jordan Peterson’s Gospel of Masculinity | The New Yorker. I've enjoyed his lectures on the psychology of the Old Testament; he reminds me a bit of an O.T. prophet. My man Oliver Burkeman suggests evaluating Peterson's book separate from his personality.
- Frivolous, Empty, and Perfectly Delightful. A Joseph Epstein essay on Wodehouse; will read to see if the Internet needed another potted history of Wodehouse.
- AMERICAN THEATRE | The Many Lives of Jen Silverman. We saw a performance of her play The Moors last week so I want to read more about her.
- Fine Specimens | by David S. Reynolds | The New York Review of Books. Walt Whitman and the Civil War.