Stuff I wanted to read but didn't get to. Maybe this weekend...?
- For Two Months, I Got My News From Print Newspapers. Here’s What I Learned (via Orange Crate Art)
- Are home renovations necessary? -- I hope not.
- Swearing Is Good for You: The Amazing Science of Bad Language -- Insert your own punchline here.
- “Chariots of the Gods?” – Erich von Däniken and the Book of Enoch by my friend David Halperin, the author of Journal of a UFO Investigator. In my early teen years, I ate up all that paranormal stuff.
- Cave Artists (and Speculative Historians) from Drexel's The Smart Set site
- A Late-Night Radio Drama, With Hints of the Internet to Come - The New York Times -- Dwight Garner on Stanley Elkin's The Dick Gibson Show.
- The Nitrate Diva's 11 of My Favorite Old Hollywood Movies to Stream Right Now
- If you’re so smart, why aren’t you rich? Turns out it’s just chance. Daniel Lemire disputes this (see his #4 link), saying that he prefers "to assume that I am responsible for the outcomes, both positives and negatives." I disagree. I can control the actions I take or don't take, but I cannot control the results. I would say that my actions can affect the probability of an outcome I judge to be favorable to me but nothing this side of the grave is guaranteed.